There’s a lot of fun(ny) comedy shows and comedy clubs in Boston, and a lot of comedy shows are not too expensive, especially when you know where to look!
I’ve rounded up a lot of free and cheap comedy shows and clubs in and around the Boston area. There’s a little bit of everything on the list from up and coming local talent to national comedians to free comedy shows to deep discounts on national acts.
Please let me know if I missed any cheap or free comedy acts in the area as well.
- National Comedians perform at the Wilbur on various dates and Goldstar Boston will sometimes have discount tickets for select comedy shows
- Local and national comedians perform on various dates at Laugh Boston at the Seaport District with free and discount tickets available via Goldstar Boston
- Improv and Sketch Comedy at the Improv Asylum in the North End with half price tickets usually available via Goldstar Boston
Improv Boston (Cambridge):
- Best of Boston Improv on Thursday nights with $5 tickets available via Goldstar Boston and All Access Improv on Saturday nights with $5-8 discount tickets + more Improv shows!
- Stand-up comedy open mic night on Wednesday nights at 10pm for free & free nightcap at 11:30pm on Friday and Saturday nights
Limelight Comedy Club:
- Standup comedy every Wednesday night at 8pm in the Theatre District for $5 tickets via Eventbrite. 18+
The Riot Theatre (JP):
- Free Friday Late Night Improv Comedy, Improv nomedy shows every Friday night at 10:30pm with Free Tickets via Eventbrite
Cityside Comedy Club (Brighton):
- Free Standup comedy at the Cityside Comedy Club inside the Cityside Bar in Brighton on Mondays at 9pm. 21+. Free tickets via Eventbrite
The Hideout at Faneuil Hall Marketplace:
- The Standup Sampler with a variety of stand-up comics on Friday nights at 7:30pm for $5 tickets via Eventbrite
Nick’s Comedy Stop
- Nick’s Comedy Stop inside Cure Lounge hosts up and coming talents with free and discount tickets via Goldstar Boston
The Mendoza Line
- Every Saturday night John Baglio, Julia Claire, and Zach “Zack” Armentrout perform at the Dugout Café. Tickets are $5 via Eventbrite
The Burren (Somerville, MA)
- Wedneday Nights at 10pm, the backroom at The Burren in Somerville hosts a comedy night with no cover
The Comedy Scene (Foxboro, MA)
- Stand-up comedians on Fridays and Saturday nights at The Comedy Scene at CBS Scene in Foxboro, MA. Free and $10 tickets via Goldstar Boston.
Also, if you are a college student, you may want to follow your student activities board on social media or pay attention to flyers, e-mails, etc. as many colleges bring comedians (and many other entertainment) to campus for free. Take advantage of all the free entertainment in college before you leave!
If you are looking for even more discounts on Boston comedy shows, don’t forget to check out Groupon and LivingSocial as there’s often discounts for various tickets for comedians on daily deal sites as well.
What did I miss? What is your favorite comedy club in Boston?
*This post contains some affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy here.