My little one is almost a year and a half, and I’ve been searching for fun fall activities to share as a family. I was doing my own personal research for some local apple picking and some fall farm fun and decided others may be interested too.
Hopefully you’ll find this post helpful in finding some fall fun at a local farm in the Greater Boston area. Let me know in the comments below if I missed your favorite spot or if your favorite is on the list– I’m still undecided where I’ll go! Information overload now for me!
Here’s some great apple, pumpkin, and more pickings and fall activities at local farms within an hour or so from Boston:
C.N. Smith Farm, East Bridgewater
- Farm animals, train displays, pick your own fruit, hayrides to the pumpkin patch, and more!
- Hayrides & Pumpkin Picking: $3.50 per person + pumpkin priced per pound, Saturdays and Sundays 10-4pm (October Only)
- Apple Picking: $26 for Peck Apple Bag for 3 Adults/4 people total and 1/2 bushel is $45 for max 6 people. Wednesday-Friday 10-4pm and Weekends 9-4pm
The Big Apple, Wrentham
- Hayrides, pumpkin house, pick your own, bakery and more
- Apple picking: $25 for 10/lb peck bag, $35 for 20/lb 1/2 bushel bag (cash & checks only)
- $3 per person for hayride into the orchard or drive into the orchard for free
- Open 9-5pm, weekends only
- Apple picking ends September 24 and 25, 2016
Ward’s Berry Farm, Sharon
- Corn maze, hayrides, pumpkin picking, barnyard animals and more
- Pumpkin picking: prices vary depending on size
- Pumpkin patch open daily 9-4pm, hayrides open 10-4pm on weekends only
- Hayrides: $3 per person for ages 3+, weather permitting
Belkin Family Lookout Farm, South Natick
- Train rides, farm animals, hay pyramid, farm maze, children caterpillar rides, weekend hayrides, and more!
- Open daily from 10-5pm
- $15 for adults, $13 for children under 12, children under 2 are free on weekends and holidays and $9 admission on weekdays
- Afternoon Special: FREE admission Monday-Friday from 3-5pm (does not include holidays) with a purchase of any fruit bag
- Fruit bags are $14 small, $22 medium, and $36 large
Dowse Orchards, Sherborn
- Apple picking: $16 for a half peck bag
- Open 10-5pm on weekends (weekend only)
Highland Farm, Holliston
- Apple picking available on a limited basis 10-4pm, opening date 9/23/16
- 2016 prices TBD. Last year: $20 for full peck bag and $35 for 1/2 bushel bag
Nashoba Valley Winery, Bolton
- Restaurant, orchards, wine tastings every weekend, and more
- Apple picking: $20 for a 10lb peck bag + admits 4 people into orchard, $30 for 20lb 1/2 bushel bag+ admits 6 people into orchard
- Open daily 11-4:30pm, must buy picking bag before 4pm
Carlson Orchards, Harvard
- Call for pick your own prices
- Apple picking daily from 9-4pm
Pickard Farm, Littleton
- Tractor drawn hayride (weekends only) and pumpkin patch
- Pumpkin picking: pumpkin prices vary, over 15 acres of pumpkins
- Weekends 10-6pm, weekdays 1-6pm
Parlee Farms, Tyngsboro
- Pick your own, hayrides, farm animals, pumpkin patch, hay play area, and more!
- Apple picking: $25 for 1 peck bag and includes admission for max of 4 people + hayride, $35 for 1/2 bushel bag and includes admission for max of 6 people + hayride, $5 for each additional person, infants are free
- Over 40,000 pumpkins in the field: pumpkins are .75/lb, minimum $2.75
- Pick your own hours vary based on weather, get updated information here. Limited weekday apple picking, if any.
- Farm animals available 10-5pm and extended to 5:30pm on weekends, closed on Mondays, except on holiday weekends
Smolak Farms, North Andover
- Corn Maze, pumpkin patch, amusement area, hayrides, farm animals and more every weekend in September & October
- Apple picking: $20 or a 10-12/lb peck bag, $35 for 1/2 bushel bag 24/lb bag, and $40 for 1/2 bushel basket.
- Apple picking open 8:30-430pm on the weekends and 9-4 on the weekdays
- Children Festival: Weekends 10-4pm, $15 a children and free for children under 2 and adults
- Hop on Hayrides are $4 per person, children under 2 free
- Corn Maze: $10 per adult and children are $7
Boston Hill Farm, North Andover
- Apple and pumpkin picking and a Apple Festival every weekend through October
- Apple picking: $20 for a 10/lb peck bag, $38 for 20/lb 1/2 bushel bag
- Apple orchard open 10am to 5:15pm daily, farm stand open 9-6pm daily
Brooksby Farm, Peabody
- Pick your own apples, farm store goods, pumpkin yard, and fall activities
- Apple picking: $17 for a 10lb peck bag, $30 for 20/lb half bushel bag (cash only)
- Open 9-4pm daily
Connors Farm, Danvers
- Corn maze, barnyard animals, hayrides, grain train, live entertainment, haunted farm, pick your own, and much more!
- General admission tickets: $13.99 for kids 3-64 on weekends and $9.99 on weekdays, free for kids 2 and under
- Apple picking: $17.95 for 10/lb peck bag, $29.95 for 20/lb 1/2 bushel bag
- Open daily 8-6pm
- In the evening: Hysteria Haunted Farm and Groupon has a daily deal for discount tickets (affiliate link)
Russell Orchards, Ipswich
- Hayrides, farm animals, pick your own, and more
- $3 per person for ages 2+ to picking area, fee is credited back when you pay for the fruit you pick
- Apple picking: $20 for peck size bag, maximum of 4 people per bag and includes a hayride to the picking site
- Open 9-6pm daily, cash only
Tougas Family Farm, Northborough
- Pick your own, wagon rides, playground, farm animals, pumpkin patch, and more!
- Apple picking: $26 for 10/lb peck bag, admits max of 4 people on weekdays and $28 on weekends/holidays, $36 for 20/lb 1/2 bushel bag, admits max of 6 people on weekdays and $38 on weekends, prices includes wagon rides when available, playground, and farm animals
- Pumpkin picking: .75 per pound, minimum $2.75 per pumpkin
- Open Tuesday-Sunday 10-5pm, open on holiday Mondays
Shelburne Farm, Stow
- Pick your own apples and pumpkins, hayrides, tractor playground, barnyard animals, and more!
- Apple picking: $22 for 10/lb peck bag, $30 for 20/lb 1/2 bushel bag
- Open daily 9-6pm, rain or shine
- $6 for all-day unlimited admission for child play area (adults are free with child), free to visit barnyard animals
- Hayrides are $2 per person and $6 per person for pony rides
Honey Pot Hill Orchards, Stow
- Barnyard animals, corn maze, hayrides, pick your own, and more
- Apple picking & pear picking: $18 for 10/lb medium bag (gets 2 adults and 1 child into orchard), $28 for 20/lb large bag (gets 2 adults & 3 children into orchard), $6 per extra person, cash or check only
- Open daily 9:30-5pm
- Corn maze prices vary, hayride $2 per person and under 2 are free (no strollers or wagons allowed on hayride, strollers only allowed to and from Lot E)
Carver Hill Orchard, Stow
- Unconfirmed prices for 2016 picking season
- Open daily 10-5pm
The only organic apple farm I could find in the Greater Boston area, Old Frog Pond Farm in Harvard, MA, has limited crops this year and will not be offering pick your own They do offer raspberry picking and fall events, if you are interested.
Where is your favorite place in the Greater Boston area for apple picking and fall fun?!?